The Study Group will consist of:
· A representative of the Mid-Region Council of Governments who is active in Growers’ Markets issues.
· A representative of local farmers who has experience with Growers’ Markets.
· A manager of a local Growers’ Market.
· A representative of the New Mexico Farmers’ Marketing Association.
· A representative of a local neighborhood association, selected by the Office of Neighborhood Coordination.
This resolution has had a great response from folks, including JoAnne McEntire from 1000 Friends of New Mexico:
“New Mexicans love fresh fruit and vegetables and we support protecting our agricultural heritage. Farmers markets are a key link between local growers and Albuquerque residents. This bill will help improve the markets successfulness.”